Tuesday, February 20, 2007

a day of firsts!!!

So Beth taught me a great new technique using transparency paper and a really hot tool. I also learned that she actually measures stuff. Who knew there was such a thing?


This is Kate, Beth's daughter who at first glance looks like she would be saying, "Great job Mom and Sue, your art is incredible!" But actually her real thoughts were, "These 2 are psycho woman and they are either going to put a hole through their finger with the sewing machine or burn the house down with the hot tool I don't know the name for!"



But we were confident at what we we doing!



Here Beth is again giving me my first sewing lesson since 7th grade. She let me sew one line on my picture. I was ooooing and ahhhhing at her talent on the machine.

So we didn't quite finish are journals yet......but the finished creations will be up on tomorrow's post. I know you are all sittin' on the edge of your seats.

Go make it a great day!

2 comments:

beth said...

finish your journal cover.....come on, you can do it !!!! I can't wait to see it !!!!

Laura said...

Okay, first of all, I WISH I COULD HAVE BEEN THERE TOO!!! Second, of all, I am so glad that you guys found each other....you make a great team!!! You are putting out such great stuff!! Glad you are having fun!! I need to learn now to measure and sew too!! Luckily, I know Beth also!